UPDATE || August 28th|| 2014
Current readers, click * here * for the update!
You can track #avasdemonupdate for all the updates!
As always, reblogs really help people discover the comic! <3
Tuesday Tip - Beat Boards / Storyboards
It can be a daunting task to just “start storyboarding”. Because there’s so many things to think about when storyboarding, we all need a roadmap to know where we are going. Beat boards are not even the first step to creating a story, but it’s often the clearest way to pitch an early concept to someone. It’s also very useful to plan out the larger beats of a large physical sequence (action, chase, etc.). This way, you don’t have to go on a limb for a week or two and have to redo it all if it doesn’t work. They’re sort of like your Key Poses in animation, but put on a story scale. Does that make sense? Message me if you have any questions or suggestions about future posts.
Shingeki no Kyojin => key frames to final animation
Dedicated to l-e-v-i-ackerman
Key frames originally posted by artbooksNAT [x] [x] [x]
What 2 dollar color pencils a macron pen and a used notebook and a dollar sketch pad can do! never give up drawing! you don’t need the fancy supplies to have fun!
Hey everyone! I’m sorry if I haven’t been updating. I’m still in NYC until Friday. I don’t have my tablet with me so my art trades are on hold till then. thought I just tell you all im still alive!
Harry Potter outfits? why did I do this?
the 3rd paragraph on the New York Times article about Michael Brown
the 3rd paragraph on the Rolling Stones article about the boston bomber
Ahh yes, The dreaded school. When it comes around we all dread, new teachers, new schedule, some new unfamiliar faces, the MASSIVE amount of homework load, less time on tumblr. Here is another long post with a few sites and others to help you out here!
- Advice on college
- Alternatives to buying expensive textbooks
- AP Cram Packets
- Cheat sheet for becoming an adult
- Dorm room survival
- Free online college classes
- How to survive college masterpost
- cheap & healthy snacks
- chocolate muffin in a mug tutorial
- Coffee recipes to help stay awake
- Every Starbucks drink and pasty FTW
- For the vegans
you bad ass motherfuckers
- macaroni cheese / mac&cheese in a cup
- quick and easy soup recipes
- study snacks
- Study snack
- thousands of quick and easy snack recipes
- Yummy cheesiness!
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipesHelpful sites:
- Challenge your brain
- Feed the hungry while using your vocabulary
- Free online textbooks
- Grade calculator
- Rape Escape
- Whole page dedicated to studying/organizing
High school needs:
- For Juniors or Seniors With Low Income Families Looking For Scholarships
- How to survive freshman year
Mental health resources:
- a website that is always relevant.
- falling asleep tips
- How long to sleep
- how to talk to and help an anxiety-ridden friend
- how to wake up in the morning
- keep taking your mind off of it
- mental illness recovery tips
- need a motivational speech? i like this one for myself.
- not having a good day? :c
- picking up a hobby can relax you during the school year!!
- seriously just please try to relax ily
- take your mind off of it
- tips on self-love
- when to go to sleep/wake up
- working out is a total stress-buster.
- download free books
- express yourself with make-up
- Hobbies masterpost
- I fucking love to study to this.
- please remember this.
- Sick ass movie list
I have more but, this is a school one so message me for more.
- Sites to help you not get distracted with other sites. (Mac)(PC)
- Various ways to where a scarf
- What’s the fucking weather
- calm/nature sounds
- chill playlist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- concentration playlist
- study playlist
- 4hours of classical music
- An already typed essay at your fingertips(type the subject and press random stuff and an essay forms. TO KIND OF HELP)
- bibliography maker
- educational links fucking galore
- my favorite tutoring website
- online ruler
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- Social media citing
- study like a college kid
- Time Management
- Psychology Lectures by a Professor from Yale University
- compliments generator
- how long to nap
- go to a quiet place
- learn more about anxiety.
- panic and anxiety information masterpost
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress Analyst
- the thoughts room
- take a guided relaxation
- yoga poses
- Best place to get help for English
- essay structure guide
- essay writing help
- free microsoft word alternative
- Grammar and spell checker
- Graphic Essay Organizer
- Help on reading/researching
- Make a kick ass essay
- Masterpost of writing software
- microsoft word equivalent
- more essay writing help
- On books you you don’t want to read
- Tip of my tongue
- calculators (includes graphing, geometric, stats etc)
- College/high school Chemistry notes
- math problem solver (2)
- Periodic Table
- This is the math god
- Answers to the textbook
- Beneficial studying tips
- Crash course in any subject with John Green
- Free Educational resources for anyone and everyone
- help in a ton of subjects
- Helps you in any subject
- homework help
- how to google
- how to study, Study guide
- finals survival guide
- improve your studying skills
- Learning Websites Masterpage
- Looking for a word
- make flash cards
- One of the best learning websites
- Tips before/during an exam
- Tips on Exams
- Remember that today’s day in age is different from how it was back then. So don’t stress about school too much.High school students today have the anxiety of what a mental patient in the insane asylum had in the 50s. Here’s also a thing to show how times have changed.
- Prioritize. List what needs to get done first and when. Sometimes getting the bigger/harder tasks is easier than conquering the smaller/easier tasks.
- Set times when certain projects need to be done and stick to that deadline.
- Turn your phone off or give it to your parents while doing work/studying. I know that we live in the age of technology and literally everything is at the touch of our fingertips. Honestly though you can wait on what your favorite celebrity has to say or if your crush liked your instagram photo. You’ll be more involved in that than you are into your work.
- If you have trouble in a certain subject and there is no assigned seating, take advantage of the front. I guarantee you’ll learn more.
- Ask your teacher what exactly you’ll need to know. If you’re taking notes during the year, write in the margins whether or not it will be tested. It will be easier to know what you will be tested on.
- Save your exams. Half the time your teachers use the same questions (or questions similar) from your exams on your midterms or finals.
- Don’t try to do homework straight afterschool if you can’t, despite what everyone says. Give yourself an hour, and try to get some exercise in. I find it stops me getting bored of sitting down. Not to mention helps me concentrate better.
- Don’t just read the material, write it, draw it, recite it, quiz yourself on it! Until you have the material down.
- Join clubs, sports, or organizations! You’re guaranteed to find friends in there. You’ll already have common interests. Start with that and go with the flow.
- College kids: If you don’t have assigned seating, and you have been sitting in the same seat for 2 weeks. That is you assigned seat now. Don’t move or you’ll screw everyone up and they will hate you.
- Color code things, such as your notes.
If you want to see how I color code my notes message me and I’ll be happy to show you.
- Be kind to one another.
I think that about does it. So yeah:)
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ